The Secret to Organizing Your Database


Today I’m going to be going over my top tips for organizing your database. I’ll also be explaining what a CRM is and why it’s important to your business.



Today I want to explain what a CRM is, and also go over how to organize your database.

So, what is a CRM? CRMs are actually systems which allow you to reach out to your database in an organized manner. Some of the best systems out there include Top Producer and Referral Maker. However, you can also use a program as simple as Outlook.

The important thing is to have a system in place and you stick with it. When you put data such as birthdays, addresses, and other important information into your system, it will greatly benefit the flow of your business.

CRMs will help you log calls, give you reminders on when to follow up, and will generally make it easier for you to manage your database.

The important thing is to have a system in place and you stick with it.
My team and I actually have our CRM provided to us by RE/MAX. When you join RE/MAX, this CRM is included.

A common question that arises when discussing CRMs is how to segment your database. Personally, I recommend you divide your database into A’s, B’s, C’s, and D’s.
The A segment consists of those who have already referred business to you. B’s are clients who would refer you if they knew how. C’s are new prospects and D’s are those who you should likely delete out of your system.

If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.