How Often Should You Contact Your Database?


How can you increase your business in real estate? The first thing you should do is build up your database of contacts.



There are a lot of different opinions out there among agents and brokers about how often you should be contacting your database. Here’s what I have been having success with in Colorado Springs.

I reach out to my database frequently, and in a few different ways. I reach out to everyone at least once a quarter with a phone call and at least once a quarter with an invitation to a client event. In addition, we also send out a piece of mail once a month with an item of value.

By contacting your database frequently, you should be able to generate and create more referrals and repeat business. Your database should be full of people in your SOI, or “Sphere of Influence.” These are people you know, people you have worked with in the past, and prospective clients, among others.

Your database can be a goldmine.
You want to segment your database into four different categories for four different types of clients. “A” clients are your best clients who refer business to you regularly. Your “B” clients are people that would refer someone to you if shown how. “C” clients are people you have just met and put in your database. “D” clients should just be deleted right away. You want to reach out to those first three groups at least once a month with an email and at least once a quarter with a phone call.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions for me or want some more strategies to help you increase your repeat and referral business, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.